There are a number of places to stay in Basilan, some Hotels, Resorts and hostels likewise dot the City of Isabela.
The most Notable places are:
- The Farmland Resort (Lanote)
- Anson's Hotel (Sumagdang)
- Hotel Royal Issra (Marketsite)
- Casa Rosario (Port Area), Basilan Hostel (Eastside)
- Buwalan Beach Resort (Sumagdang)
- ISAWAD Pool Resort (Cabunbata)
- Basilan Hotel (Isabela Proper)
- Grino House (Menzi)
Sumptuous local delicacies may likewise be sampled. Not to be missed are hearty Muslim dishes such as "tyula itum", "pianggang manok", "baulo", "kulma", etc. Certain Yakan festivities likewise prepare a pyramidal "dullang" with the delectable mountain rice "sappul"
- Lolo Jose Grille and Restaurant
- Font's Restaurant
- JJ Twin's Pavillion
- Mon's Kitchen
- Emerald Cafe
- Eathel's Burger Joint
- Chi-Chia Grille and Restaurant
- Nalamar Family Entertainment Complex
A definite recommended "buy" would be the intricate Yakan weaves, trinkets and souvenir items usually made of woven material and hammered brass/bronze pieces, with colorful beads and hand-painted wooden bangles, rings, and handcrafted Yakan bags, table-runners, wall-decor, etc. Be sure to visit the Isabela City Pasalubong Center for authentic Yakan craft (1/F, J. S. Alano Zenith Bldg., J. S. Alano St.). Since you're already in Basilan, don't miss out on the "Basilan Brew" coffee available in nearby Lamitan town (only 45 minutes from Isabela City). A number of retail establishments may likewise be visited before 6:00PM (traditional closing time).